WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a skilled operations engineer to help us build enterprise level web, mobile, dApp, and game projects in Portland, Oregon. The DevOps position at First Foundry is a versatile role responsible for setting up servers and build pipelines during project development, managing access and permissions on cloud services, and advocating for scalability, reliability, and security during project architecture conversations. Our ideal candidate is passionate about emerging technologies and relentlessly pursues improvement in themselves, their work, and their team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Join a multinational team of world class engineers and designers building top quality mobile, desktop, distributed, and web apps.
- Provision, monitor, and maintain application servers, database servers, load balancers, caching and CDN servers on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCE.
- Work with developers to provide tools, pipelines, and environments customized to fit each project’s requirements.
- Assist QA and production teams with tools for automation, testing, mock data generation, and integration with third party testing/reporting tools.
- Configure CI/CD scripts, including automated versioning, release branching/tagging schemes, compilation, packaging, configuration management, and deployment.
- Work with outside teams to create, upgrade, or maintain external projects.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum processes including task estimation, sprint milestones, code reviews, and managing expectations with project stakeholders.
- Expand your skills as an engineer; stay current with emerging trends, tools, and technologies.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, and ability to work within a team environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in devops, cloudops, secops, sysadmin, or related role.
- Education in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent field.
- Experience working with AWS, shell scripting, web server configuration (NGINX, Apache), and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases such as mySQL, Redis, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, SQLite, ERD maps, etc.
- Working knowledge of security industry best practices for modern enterprise web applications.
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git) and common workflows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience shipping and scaling enterprise level projects.
- Fluent with a mature programming language: C/C++, Java, Python, C# or equivalent.
- Understanding of front end deployment tools and frameworks, such as npm, Webpack, Bower, Yarn, etc.
- Hands-on experience implementing compliance for advanced security standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, or PCI.
- Experience or exposure to deploying container-based projects using Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience managing iOS device provisioning and deployment via TestFlight, HockeyApp, BuddyBuild, or similar.
- Knowledge of high volume analytics/data warehouse storage and recall systems.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE) and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
When applying, please include the position and location you’re applying for in your email subject line. Please also include a cover letter.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.