WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking talented server developers to join our growing team in Manila, PH. As a backend developer at First Foundry, you will be working in close collaboration with product, web, and QA teams to create scalable cloud solutions on a distributed systems environment. Our developer division is focused on building secure mobile & web products. We need driven individuals who are ready to take on difficult challenges in frontier technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, and maintain high quality backend services that interact with blockchain technologies.
- Collaborate with internal and external product and design teams to implement scalable and secure backend services.
- Work with other backend engineers to solve difficult problems across multiple services and products.
- Aid in the design, architecture, and implementation of complex REST, JSON-RPC, and GraphQL APIs for highly intuitive web services.
- Work with technical leaders to design high traffic web and mobile applications from the ground up, through all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain high code quality through code reviews, technical feedback cycles, unit testing and architectural audits.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Passion for making excellent products in real world conditions.
- At least 4 years experience working on web-api development projects.
- Practical experience with and a strong understanding of data storage methods and building intuitive interfaces to access them (SQL, noSQL, Redis, etc.).
- Experience designing and evolving APIs for live products.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and processes relevant to one of the following languages (C, C++, Java, Go, Python, Node).
- Strong competence of version control systems and industry standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Familiarity with development environment best practices.
- Experience developing or designing distributed technologies and managing distributed systems.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Experience with financial systems or other high security services.
- Experience communicating with remote teams.
- Unix/Linux development environment experience.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure (S3, EC2, etc.).
- Experience designing and building projects using micro-service architecture.
- Shipped products using Python, Ruby, Node.js, Java or other backend technology.
This is an on-site full-time position in our sunny Manila, Philippines studio. A vibrant financial and lifestyle area, Manila is home to a lively arts and food scene, with Saturday organic markets, indie art shows, and street food. With affordable cost of living and the beaches just a few hours away, it's definitely a lot of fun in this tropical Southeast Asian island.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE) and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
When applying, please include the position and location you’re applying for in your email subject line. Also include a cover letter and any relevant work samples or code repositories that you would like us to consider.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.