WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented Senior Engineer with mobile and web experience and a passion for working with blockchain technologies to join our growing Denver, CO studio. This position is best-suited for someone with experience in Ethereum-based token development (ERC20), dAPP architecture, and / or blockchain exchange systems. Ideally, we’re seeking someone with ambition to lead projects and pioneer adoption of new technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will architect and author Ethereum smart contracts in Solidity and collaborate with security auditors reviewing these contracts.
- Participate as a hands-on technical leader, building product features and making decisions with software architects to shape the way our technology is built.
- Communicate with external teams and customers to help implement features and coordinate product changes.
- Give advice and guidance to various teams based on the topic of blockchain technologies and drive architectural conversations.
- Be accountable for development deliverables and guiding team tasking.
- Work with engineering leads to define scope, deliverables, and identify project risks and mitigations.
- Act as a technical authority and advocate for blockchain technologies. Educate managers, peers, and key stakeholders on possibilities and limitations in the space.
- Learn and stay competitive with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- 8+ years experience in a senior software development role.
- 4+ years of experience working on web development projects in a senior or lead role.
- Systems engineering experience with distributed tech stacks.
Practical experience with and a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cryptography and its application in reference to anonymity and security within technology.
- Experience with optimization in large scale systems.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both teammates and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile development practices and teams to develop and release products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting and experience communicating with remote teams.
- Experience working within technical teams on live or shipped projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and processes relevant to one of the following languages (C, C++, Python).
- Strong competence of version control systems and industry standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Previously shipped product using a blockchain technology.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience working with consensus methods.
- Degree in mathematics or cryptography.
- Experience managing a shipped product using databases and backend technologies.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Social skills collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders solving complex problems.
This is an on-site full-time position in our Denver, Colorado office. Consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the US, Denver is much more than just a thriving tech hub. From world-class hiking and skiing to a booming arts and culinary scene, Denver offers all the benefits of a big city in a beautiful mountain setting.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE) and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
When applying, please include the position and location you’re applying for in your email subject line. Also include a cover letter and any relevant work samples or code repositories that you would like us to consider.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.