WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a results-oriented Product Manager to join our team in Eugene, OR. Product Managers at First Foundry need to have excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of the technical challenges of software development, and a dedication to solving complex product design. As a Product Manager at First Foundry, your primary objective is to successfully coordinate company leadership, clients, engineers, and designers to keep projects on target and on track. We are looking for a Product Manager who is dedicated to creating the best possible product while understanding and working within technical constraints.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with the Director-level Product team to design high-level functionality inline with the business strategy.
- Refine and write product specs (Epics/Features) based on Director level feature prioritization and high-level design functionality.
- Define/refine user stories, user-flows, product specs etc.
- REST API design, schema definition.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to manage the execution of features and functionality by creating a product backlog of User Stories and tasks based on the high-level requirements.
- Convert storyboard/specs to User Stories.
- Define acceptance criteria.
- Manage/groom the product backlog.
- Be embedded with the engineering team(s), provide granular detail day to day as the Scrum Product Owner.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the user stories and tasks with the dev team in collaboration with Scrum Master, Tech Leads and Tech Managers.
- Communicate execution status, schedules and progress.
- Flag and communicate issues, concerns etc.
- Communicate release status.
- Validate functionality.
- Validate against acceptance criteria.
- Assist in testing.
- Provide product demos and gather feedback.
- Collaborate with manual and automated testing to ensure tests cover all necessary scenario.
- Work collaboratively with Director level Product team and Engineering teams.
- Collaborate on difficult product challenges, issues/bugs, etc.
- Masterful skill in written and verbal communication, an ability to create win-win situations, and proactivity in keeping the team and client informed of relevant updates.
- Excellent prioritization of tasks, the skill to evaluate problems and arrive at solutions that use resources effectively while elegantly fulfilling user expectations.
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management, design, or engineering role.
- A technical background or demonstrated experience working closely with technical teams.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban/Hybrid) development practices to develop and release products.
- Experience working with traditional Waterfall methodologies and able to deliver on key dates and milestones when necessary.
- Familiarity with project management and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, and Slack.
- Experience working with technical teams on live or shipped projects.
- Openness, positivity, a drive to learn new skills, and the dedication to work in a fast-moving, deadline-driven startup.
- Bonus if you have experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology, consumer financial products/services, and developer platforms.
- Experience with economic design, game design, FinTech or virtual marketplaces.
- The more Technical Expertise the better, seeking a developer-turned-PM, QA-turned-PM or an experienced Business Analyst with a breadth of experience across cloud infrastructure and modern coding solutions, including Rust.
This is an on-site full-time position in our Denver, Colorado office. Consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the US, Denver is much more than just a thriving tech hub. From world-class hiking and skiing to a booming arts and culinary scene, Denver offers all the benefits of a big city in a beautiful mountain setting.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE) and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
When applying, please include the position and location you’re applying for in your email subject line. Please also include a cover letter.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.