WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Software Automation Engineer to join our growing team for a variety of projects. You will be responsible for creating automation test scripts and assuring the quality of our category-leading products. You can see some of our satisfied customers on the Firstfoundry.co website!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, implement, and support frameworks for our test infrastructure and provide automation expertise to our development teams.
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and test suites.
- Promote test automation best practices, tools, standards, and processes.
- Collaborate with project managers, the QA team, and developers on project- and application-level test automation.
- Help identify scenarios for inclusion in test automation.
- Coordinate and manage automated testing efforts for concurrent projects.
- Create and maintain data sets to be used in test automation activities.
- Document, evaluate, and disseminate test results, and collaborate in troubleshooting issues.
- Provide test automation estimates and timelines for assigned projects.
- Establish and manage requirement traceability through test plans and cases.
- Communicate and report on the status of test automation activities.
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing.
- 1+ years experience in test automation development in an SDET (software development engineer in test) role or equivalent in software engineering.
- Openness, positivity, a drive to learn new skills, and an ability to work effectively as part of a fast-moving, deadline-driven team.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically of automated QA processes in development environments.
- Experience in writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies such as, but not limited to, Gatling, Cypress, Cucumber, Nightwatch, and Selenium.
- Familiarity with using command line functions
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals.
- Understanding of development using any of the following technologies Blockchain, Java, Maven, Akka, PHP, Python, React/Redux, Docker, Kubernetes (K8S), TypeScript, Scala, and GraphQL.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes.
- Experience with test automation on mobile platforms.
- Experience with Lagom, Docker, Terraform, and Continuous Integration.
This is an on-site position as either a part-time or full-time contractor or employee in our Eugene, Oregon office. Eugene has a young, progressive college town culture and community with big-city tech industry connections. In the middle of a microbrew and food-truck renaissance, Eugene offers fantastic, affordable living for people who enjoy outdoor recreation and the arts year round.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE), matching 401(k), and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
In addition, there is a strong emphasis on work/life balance and a generous time off policy.
If interested in applying, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position and location applied for in the e-mail subject line.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.