WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Software Automation Engineer to join our growing team for a variety of projects. You will be responsible for creating automation test scripts and assuring the quality of our category-leading products. You can see some of our satisfied customers on the Firstfoundry.co website!
To succeed in this role, you need to be very detail-oriented, have a solid background in software testing as well as programming, and possess great communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, implement, and support frameworks for our test infrastructure and provide automation expertise to our development and QA teams.
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and test suites.
- Define and promote test automation best practices, tools, standards, and processes.
- Collaborate with project managers, customers, the QA team, and developers on project- and application-level test automation.
- Help identify scenarios for inclusion in test automation.
- Coordinate and manage automated testing efforts for concurrent projects.
- Create and maintain data sets to be used in test automation activities.
- Document, evaluate, and disseminate test results, and collaborate in troubleshooting issues.
- Provide test automation estimates and timelines for assigned projects.
- Establish and manage requirement traceability through test plans and cases.
- Mentor team members on automation.
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing.
- 3+ years experience in test automation development in an SDET (software development engineer in test) or equivalent role.
- Openness, positivity, a drive to learn new skills, and an ability to work effectively as part of a fast-moving, deadline-driven team.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically of automated QA processes in development environments.
- Comfortable working from the command line on remote AWS or other remote Linux instances.
- Development experience writing code-based automated load and functional tests, especially Gatling (Scala) and Cypress (TypeScript)
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals.
- Experience mentoring QA, development, and product teams on quality objectives and testing processes.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes.
- Experience with test automation on mobile platforms.
- Experience with Lagom, Terraform, and Continuous Integration (CI/CD).
- Experience in writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Gatling, Cypress, Cucumber, Nightwatch, and Selenium.
- Understanding of development using several of the following technologies: REST, Blockchain, Java, Maven, Rust, PHP, Python, React/Redux, Docker, Kubernetes (K8S), TypeScript, Scala, and GraphQL.
This is an on-site position as either a part-time or full-time contractor or employee in our Eugene, Oregon office. Eugene has a young, progressive college town culture and community with big-city tech industry connections. In the middle of a microbrew and food-truck renaissance, Eugene offers fantastic, affordable living for people who enjoy outdoor recreation and the arts year round.
This position provides a globally competitive base salary (DOE), matching 401(k), and project bonus eligibility, as well as relocation assistance and healthcare benefits.
In addition, there is a strong emphasis on work/life balance and a generous time off policy.
If interested in applying, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position and location applied for in the e-mail subject line.
If this sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk.